Monday 21 June 2010

RAM air seen




I have connected up the air inlet, and finally got around to trying the car out.

After initial messing around with TPS (different range on this one than my old one so) I had to re-write the tables.

Starts on new TBI's and runs. Very exciting. Ran around a bit collecting logging data. Updated tables and repeated a couple of times. I had done this already, but it hadn't been running so well. This time around I had changed the inlet rubbers from the short ones (the same as 4x of the 1&4 ones on a gsxr750) to the long ones from that same engine.

A few interesting results. Firstly, now the air hose is more rigid and the trumpets longer the VE values are a lot higher (maybe 10%). Not sure which is the source of this, but who cares.

The interesting detail in the plot above is in the MAP (manifold air pressure) in 2nd 3rd and then 4th. Note that as the speed increases the MAP increases (at the same RPM). The pressure increase is bugger-all, but that is the problem with RAM air, you don't get much at normal speeds. At least the little that is available is working for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment