Thursday 5 May 2011

Stoneleigh success (ish)




I got to Stoneleigh and back.

Trigger wheel failures above 6000rpm.
Tune isn't great.
Exhaust clamp fell off.
One fuel injector is gummed up
Engine vents gases into cabin
Problem with hot starting (trigger wheel related I think)


Nothing that isn't easily fixed. The only bad one is the "heavy breathing". It seems to be blowing off something more that air. Not sure what is going on there, but it may improve. COmpression test wasn't great yielding 9.6, 8.6, 9.3, 8.0. Which is disappointing.



Interestingly I did a massive datalog all the way to Stoneleigh (50mins) which showed up some interesting tuning features.

I had read that you could run a tuning map that was based on MAP and RPM. It actually turns out that TPS plays a significant role (my finnish buddy Arttu told me this, but he is in the minority of 1). I have put the whole log file into the computer and simulated different maps. It turns out that Alpha-N with multiplicative MAP scaling is pretty close to perfect. I am going to run a MAP table so that I can tidy up the low speed running (where MAP works really nicely).

If you look at the megaviewer screenshot, you can clearly see the AFR (air-fuel-ratio) modulating with TPS even though MAP stays pretty constant. When running the TPS didn't affect fueling, and clearly it should.

No comments:

Post a Comment